Urban Humanitarian Projects (UHP) - A Division of IEA
The mission of Urban Humanitarian Projects is to help the local Grenadian community achieve its full potential through sustainable progressions in healthcare and education, leading to an improved quality of life.
Urban Humanitarian Projects (UHP) is a nonprofit organization that St. George’s University students formed to address social and healthcare issues in Grenada. This term, UHP, in conjunction with the Iota Epsilon Alpha (IEA) International Honor Society, will once again be working together to raise funds for foundations and charities in Grenada.
We want to give back to the community that has embraced us as students and allowed us an incredible opportunity to pursue our educational goals. Thus, 100% of funds raised will be used to support different charities and causes in Grenada.
Our current projects that we are working on now and for which we need continuous support include:
● World Pediatric Project ($14,000 EC) - Funded flights for 15 Grenadian children to receive pro-bono surgical procedures in St. Vincent
● Better Dayz ($5000 EC) - Helped children ages 3-14 with school tuition and the purchasing of school supplies.
● Exquisite Events GND ($4000 EC) - Helped fund charity event to help two families in need to rebuild their houses.
● Purpose Driven Youth Club ($3000 EC) - Helped to buy supplies for battered women abused by their spouses in Grenada
● Free Diabetes Clinic with Grenada Association of Retired Persons ($2,500 EC) - Donated 600 Glucose Test Strips for Glucometers
● Grassroots Entertainment ($2500 EC) - Helped with funding to donate aid for 4 families in great need
● Dr. Sobering’s Clinical Outreach Project ($1,200 EC) - Funded MRIs for patients with ataxia believed to have progressed to cerebellar degeneration. IEA and UHP will be acknowledged in the upcoming research posters
Visit us on Facebook!